For information on licences, permits, and regulations visit the Illinois Department of Natural Resources.
Licences and Permits
The information below is taken directly from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources:
- Anyone wishing to hunt in Illinois is required to purchase a hunting license. Most licences and permits can be purchased online.
- Anyone born after January 1, 1980, will need to have a copy of the Hunter Safety Education Certificate available while hunting.
- Waterfowl hunters will also need both the electronic state waterfowl stamp (license ID #600) and the federal waterfowl stamp-license ID #900 (federal waterfowl stamps may be purchased at US Post Offices or selected DNR offices).
- In addition to the license and stamps, species-specific permits are also needed.
- Hunters wishing to use firearms need to obtain a Firearm Owner Identification Card (FOID) from the Illinois State Police.